Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Waiting

I think this may be the hardest part of the publishing process-- or at least it seems like the hardest part now. Waiting.

Mahu was originally scheduled for publication in March 2005. But then I got a letter announcing that because they had bit off more than they could chew at present, they were pushing me to July. I wasn't happy, but I shrugged and accepted fate.

But it's July 2005 now, and still no book. I know it "went to press" about two weeks ago, but no one's giving me any more information than that. "You will receive something from Haworth informing you that your title is off-press, available and ready for sale," I've been told. But I don't know when that will happen, so every day I'm checking the website, hoping the word "forthcoming" will be replaced by something like "now available."

I'm not just waiting for the books. I'm waiting for reviews-- though I've already gotten one very nice one from Gay Web Monkey. I'm waiting to schedule readings. Basically, I'm just waiting for something to happen!

No comments: